Monday, March 22, 2010

Definitely a Frosting Kiss

As much as I despise doing homework for my TMA 202 class, this class really is a great fit for me to fill the Civ requirement. Today's lecture was on MUSICALS =] We definitely had a class sing-along featuring favorites from "Crazy for You" "South Pacific" and "Phantom of the Opera". I was in "South Pacific" my freshman year of high school. It was the last time I was in the chorus. I was a Honeybun girl.

I made it to bio 100 today, surprisingly. Good thing too. Apparently we had a test open up this weekend and it closes tomorrow. I should probably get on that..

I played racquetball for the first time on Saturday. Oh wow, was that fun! It was just like tennis, only better, because I could smack the ball as hard as I wanted, and in any direction I wanted. Also saw "New Moon" for the first time on Saturday. Absolute riot! Abby and I were on the verge of tears. Verge of tears appeared again that night when we pulled out the leg wax.



My RMYL 189 field trip was earlier in the week. It was exactly what I needed. I actually found someone who has my dream job. I want Pat Davis' job. She is hired by the Heritage Center here in Provo, to direct plays for their students. The Heritage Center is a long-term care facility that focuses on therapeutic recreation for troubled youth. The students live and go to school there, and are introduced to all different forms of recreation to help give their lives more direction and meaning.

Edward came on the trip too, along with a few other of my favorite props to help out with the impromptu skit night. Then, instead of going to bed, we, being a class full of Leisure majors, decided, of course, to stay up late playing Murder in the Dark, and Signs =]

Finally, finally, finally heard back from Drumlin Farm, and I definitely got the job! Woohoo! I'm not the biggest animal person, but I've been around farms my whole life, so I'm sure I'll survive. This summer should definitely be an adventure. Santa Barbara caught fire when I visited Elise last summer for four days. Who knows what will happen to Massachussettes when I visit for 2 1/2 months, hahaha.

St. Patrick's day definitely does not go unnoticed in my family. One day, rest assured, I will visit the little village in Ireland called Ingoldsby.
<3Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment